Sunburnt Wings Layout.
1) This is a S1 Free User layout. Also, it works for your friends and calendar pages as well. This layout does not for Sponsored Accounts.
2) This journal style is very easy to use. Little to no HTML skills are required. Just a bit of patience in editing the code.
3) You MUST have a website defined on your user info page (go to profile --> edit profile to add one if you don't have one already.). It can be any website, "http://www.livejournal.com/~youruserna
4) This layout works in IE, Opera and Mozilla Firefox. Maybe Safari as well (if anyone has this and tries, do let me know!).
5) Please upload the images to your own server to save my bandwidth. Thanks!
6) In your user info, please put something along the lines of the following:
Layout image of Yuri Kyuga from Shadow Hearts
Layout designed by chimo
7) Currently I have a different version of this layout as my own personal one. If you want the version with a sidebar, just comment. It's a bit more annoying to edit, but if you are up for it then no problem.
1) Hey! Do you have a website defined? Go do that now before you forget ('case I know I will). It's in PROFILE --> EDIT PROFILE. Yup, that section for WEB PAGE. Stick any ol' link in there (like a link to your LJ, or maybe you have a forum or gallery you want to publicize, whatever - go wild!).
2) Go to JOURNAL --> EDIT JOURNAL STYLE --> BASICS. Under Style System, S1 should be selected.
3) Hit the LOOK AND FEEL tab now. For each of the four Page Layout Style options, please select GENERATOR. Delete any HEX CODE colors that may be there in the boxes below. Got it so far? Rock. Now click the CUSTOM OPTIONS tab.
4) By this point, you should have saved the images to your own server. I used Photobucket.
5) Open the coding in notepad/Microsoft Frontpage/the OVERRIDES box/whatever you fancy. I'd use notepad personally. Please enter your image links where I have mine put in. When copying and pasting the image links from your server, please use the URL and not the TAG option (if you are using Photobucket). It's easier that way and you are less likely to delete anything important.
6) While you have notepad/Microsoft Frontpage/the OVERRIDES box/whatever you fancy open, you should change all the "username" in the coding to your actual livejournal username. There are sixteen of these you must change and they can be found in the FRIENDS_WEBSITE / CALENDAR_WEBSITE / LASTN_WEBSITE / DAY_WEBSITE sections respectively (four "username" in each section). Cheat and use CTRL F to find all the "username".
7) Copy and paste the coding into the OVERRIDES text box (that big ol' white space under the CUSTOM OPTIONS tab). If there was anything in there already, just delete it.
8) That's it! Save and you are good to go.
Images can be found here. (Again, please upload these to your own server. Thanks!)
I think that is everything now... if I missed something, just shout.